Welcome to the HealthChoice Diabetes Prevention Program
If you have prediabetes or are at risk for getting type 2 diabetes, the HealthChoice Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) can help. And as a UnitedHealthcare Community Plan member, you’re eligible to join. This free program can help members like you:
- Develop healthy eating habits
- Increase daily physical activity
- Lower your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Improve coping skills
Start living your healthier life today.
There are two ways to join*:
Download the DPPStar PreDiabetes app
If you choose this option, you’ll get full access to the DPPStar PreDiabetes app at no cost to you.
With this app, you can find recipes and restaurants that help you reach your goals, as well as track your food and activity. You’ll also get weekly reports and real-time feedback from a health coach.
- Download the DPPStar PreDiabetes app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter access code UHCDPP. DPPStar will guide you through the next steps.
- Enter your health information. Then we will send you a scale and welcome kit!
Find it at the App Store or Google Play.
Get one-on-one or small group support
Qualified members may get one-on-one or small group support from a local provider or online (virtual) support from a UnitedHealthcare-contracted DPP provider or nurse over the course of a year (365 days).
* Participation in this program is strictly voluntary.